Welcome to our enrollment page for First United Methodist Preschool. We are delighted to have your family join us this school year, and it is time to collect your child’s information for enrollment. Please take a moment to read this page in its entirety before you begin the enrollment process.
How does the enrollment process work? We use Brightwheel, a child care messaging and management system, and it is very user-friendly and creates readily accessible information for administrators and teachers.
How do I access my Brightwheel Account? Create your Brightwheel account at the BRIGHTWHEEL LOG IN PAGE using your email address and watch this TUTORIAL VIDEO for assistance. You may receive your invitation through email as well. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with the preschool office for assistance if you have any questions or need your child’s unique code.
What else do I need to know?
- Parents must complete an enrollment form for each child attending FUMP.
- We strongly recommend completing the process on the web portal at BRIGHTWHEEL LOG-IN PAGE.
- All forms and documents have active links in this post. For your reference, they may also be found in the Forms/Requests and Documents tabs in the portal/app.
- The portal asks for information about race and ethnicity, which is purely optional. Our Teaching Strategies Gold grant asks for that information, but it is not mandatory to share with FUMP.
- Please complete their child’s developmental checklist about their current stages and milestones. Hard copies will be available at Classroom Visits as well.
What information do I need to READ before I begin? The enrollment form will ask for acknowledgment of two FUMP documents: the FUMP PARENT HANDBOOK and our LIABILITY CERTIFICATE. You will confirm receipt of each in the permissions and consents section of the form.
What medical forms are required?
Child Care Licensing (CCL) mandates that children have updated immunization records on file. The record must include the following:
- child’s name,
- date of birth,
- physician’s name/clinic name,
- name/date/dose of each vaccination received, and
- ****Must have a signature from a health care professional; a handwritten or a rubber stamp is acceptable.
Upon the start of enrollment, CCL requires a physician’s permission that your child is in good health and allows the child to participate in our program. You may use our MEDICAL FORM or any form of your physician’s choice. Returning children do NOT need forms in the subsequent years, only the first year of enrollment. The physician’s permission form can be managed in one of two ways:
- You may schedule a well-check specifically for the signature of participation.
- You may request permission based on the DATE OF THE LAST WELL-CHECK on file. For example, if your child had a well-check on October 1, the signature can be dated 10/1/2021
- What if my child is on a delayed immunization schedule? Please refer to our IMMUNIZATION EXEMPTIONS page and contact the preschool office for more details.
- What if my child has a diagnosed food allergy? You must have a FOOD ALLERGY PLAN signed by a health care professional, which is required to attend FUMP.
- What Covid information is needed? Please note your child’s last Covid illness date, if applicable, and the dates for Covid vaccinations, if received.
All medical forms are due before your child attends preschool.
What information will I need to GATHER before I begin? You will need the following information to complete your online enrollment:
- Your child’s physician’s name, address and telephone number.
- Your choice of a four-digit check-in CODE for our security system/check-in system for your family. (It may NOT begin with the number zero.) **Please note that Brightwheel will assign a random four-digit code in the app. You may use that assigned code or change it to a code of your choice. In either case, please share your preferred code with us, as we must manually enter codes into the security system for the keypads.
- Determine who will have differing levels of access to your child’s portal. ACCESS LEVELS IN BRIGHTWHEEL.
- The name and phone number of your FAMILY contacts and your APPROVED PICKUPS. You authorize these adults to pick up your child from preschool. Each authorized person will be required to show identification to pick up your child upon first meeting with the classroom teacher.
- The name, address, and telephone number of your emergency contact person CCL required the name of an individual we can contact if parents/guardians cannot be reached. (In other words, it may NOT be a parent.)
How do I Navigate the Portal?
Step 1: Complete the FUMP ENROLLMENT FORM. You may save your progress and return to the form in the Forms and Requests tab in Brightwheel. Use the BLUE + Parent/Guardian button to add Family, Approved Pickups, and Emergency Contacts.
All forms must be submitted before the first day of preschool. No exceptions.
- Immunization Form with Signature LINK
- Physician’s Permission Form (new student only) LINK
- Allergy Plan with Signature LINK
- Covid Vaccination Card with Signature, if separate from the immunization card. LINK
- Completed Developmental Checklist based on your child’s current age. A hard copy of the checklists will be available at your classroom visit.
Step 3: SET UP PAYMENT METHOD in the Billing tab. All invoices and payments are managed in Brightwheel (no more third-party payment sites). FUMP accepts ACH transfers only, and Brightwheel will run micro-deposits to confirm correct banking information.
- Pay INVOICES in the billing tab. If you have any questions, please message or email the preschool office.
Step 4: Review additional helpful information from the links below or in the documents tab, such as:
- Saying Goodbye,
- Responsive Care for Infants and Toddlers,
- Toilet Learning at FUMP, and
- Cool School Fuel & Protein Sources FUMP is a nut-free program
- Add FAMILY PHOTOS to the Brightwheel app. First, set the permissions for Brightwheel to access your photos for iPhone or Android. Then select your child’s name in the app, select FEED, and ADD PHOTO. Teachers will create a family corner of photos for the children to enjoy.
- The Brightwheel app allows parents to modify their child’s information as well. You may add approved pickups, upload documents, and more at any time.
- ONLINE CALENDAR: Find all of the FUMP events for the coming school year. (Click on individual events to see a description.)
- SUBSCRIBE TO THE CALENDAR: Sync the FUMP calendar to Google Calendars, iCal, and more.
- PARKING AT FUMP: Read about our parking availability and share with sitters, family, and friends.
- BEDROLL-STYLE NAP MAT: We encourage families to purchase a bedroll-style nap mat with a pillow and blanket sewn onto the mat for rest time (Not applicable for children sleeping in cribs)
- FUMP FAQs: Answers questions about the “daily operations” of FUMP, including parking information, lunch ideas, and other important information.
- FUM CHURCH CHILDREN’S PROGRAMMING: Looking for a church home? FUMC has a dynamic program for young children and their families.
Thank you for your diligence in completing the forms and submitting your forms promptly. You will receive a notification from the preschool office if any additional information is needed. If you have any issues with the enrollment process, don’t panic! Your child is still registered for preschool. You may contact the preschool office or contact Brightwheel support at firstname.lastname@example.org.