Welcome to our enrollment information page for First United Methodist Preschool. We are delighted to have your family join us this school year, and it is time to submit your child’s information for enrollment. Please take a moment to read this page in its entirety before you begin the enrollment process.
How does the enrollment process work? We use Brightwheel, a childcare messaging and management system. It is very user-friendly and holds accessible information for administrators and teachers. Access Brightwheel from any web browser to complete all necessary forms under the FORMS & REQUESTS tab at www.mybrightwheel.com.
STEP 1: CREATE your Brightwheel account. The preschool will send an email with your invitation. Once your account is set up, you may proceed with the enrollment process.
STEP 2: READ the following documents. The enrollment form will ask for acknowledgment of two FUMP documents: the FUMP PARENT HANDBOOK and our LIABILITY CERTIFICATE. You will confirm receipt of each in the permissions and consents section of the form.
STEP 3: GATHER the following information.
- Access your child’s physician’s name, address, and telephone number.
- Select a four-digit check-in CODE for our security system (It may NOT begin with the number zero.) **Brightwheel will assign a random four-digit code in the app for attendance. You may use that assigned code or change it to your chosen code. In either case, please share your preferred code with us, as we manually enter codes into the security system, which is separate from Brightwheel.
- Determine who will have access to your child’s portal. ACCESS LEVELS IN BRIGHTWHEEL. (parent/family/authorized pick-ups/emergency contacts)
- Gather the name and phone number of your FAMILY contacts and your APPROVED PICKUPS. You authorize these adults to pick up your child from preschool. Each authorized person will be required to show identification to pick up your child upon first meeting with the classroom teacher.
- Access the name, address, and telephone number of your emergency contact person CCL requires the name of an individual we can contact if parents/guardians cannot be reached. (In other words, it may NOT be a parent.)
STEP 4: COMPLETE the FUMP ENROLLMENT FORM on Brightwheel. Save your progress and return to the form in the FORMS & REQUESTS tab in Brightwheel.
- Use the BLUE + Parent/Guardian button to add Family, Approved Pickups, and Emergency Contacts.
- Parents must complete an enrollment form for each child attending FUMP.
- The portal asks for information about race and ethnicity, which is purely optional. Our Teaching Strategies Gold grant asks for that information, but it is not mandatory to share it with FUMP.
- Please complete each child’s developmental checklist about their current stages and milestones. These will be under the FORMS & REQUESTS tab. Hard copies will be available at Classroom Visits as well.
STEP 5: UPLOAD the required medical forms. PDFs are highly preferred over pictures (photos of documents are difficult to read). Follow these tutorials for assistance. All documents must be submitted before the first day of preschool. CREATE PDF TUTORIAL ANDROID CREATE PDF TUTORIAL IPHONE
Immunization Records- Child Care Licensing (CCL) mandates that children have updated immunization records on file. Please submit a scanned record or hard copy to the preschool office. NO PHOTOS OF RECORDS accepted! Photos of medical reports are unreadable once they are uploaded and printed for your child’s file.
The record must include the following:
- child’s name,
- date of birth,
- physician’s name/clinic name,
- name/date/dose of each vaccination received, and
- ****Must have a signature from a health care professional; a handwritten or a rubber stamp is acceptable.
Medical Release Form (NEW STUDENTS) – Upon enrollment, CCL requires a healthcare professional’s form stating your child is in good health and allows participation in our program. You may use our MEDICAL FORM or any form of your healthcare professional’s choice. Returning children do NOT need forms in the subsequent years. The permission form can be managed in one of two ways:
- You may schedule a well-check specifically for the signature of participation.
- You may request permission based on the DATE OF THE LAST WELL-CHECK on file. For example, if your child had a well-check on October 1, the signature can be dated 10/1/2021
Allergy Form – If your child has any food allergies, you must have a FOOD ALLERGY PLAN signed by a healthcare professional. The form is required to attend FUMP.
Asthma Form – If your child has asthma and requires medication at preschool, you must have an ASTHMA PLAN signed by a health care professional. The form is required to attend FUMP.
- What if my child is on a delayed immunization schedule? Please refer to our IMMUNIZATION EXEMPTIONS page and contact the preschool office for more details.
STEP 6: SET UP bank information in the Billing tab. All invoices and payments are managed in Brightwheel.
- FUMP accepts ACH transfers only, and Brightwheel will run micro-deposits to confirm correct banking information.
- Invoices post each month with tuition, fees, or other charges (drop-in days, late fees, etc).
- August tuition is prorated and accounts for teacher inservice days: AUGUST PRORATED TUITION.
What else do I need to do?
- Add family photos to the Brightwheel app. First, set access permissions, select your child’s name in the app, select FEED, and ADD PHOTO. Teachers will create a family corner of photos for the children to enjoy.
- The Brightwheel app also allows parents to modify their child’s information. You may add approved pickups, upload documents, and more anytime.
Additional School Information:.
- Saying Goodbye: Tips for a smooth drop-off transition
- Responsive Care for Infants and Toddlers
- Parent Volunteering: Get involved! There are large and small opportunities to fit your schedule while supporting FUMP.
- Toilet Learning at FUMP
- Cool School Fuel & Protein Sources: Easy meal ideas
- ONLINE CALENDAR: Find all the FUMP events for the coming school year. (Click on individual events to see a description.)
- SUBSCRIBE TO THE CALENDAR: Sync the FUMP calendar to Google Calendars, iCal, and more.
- PARKING AT FUMP: Read about our parking availability and share with sitters, family, and friends.
- BEDROLL-STYLE NAP MAT: We encourage families to purchase a bedroll-style nap mat with a pillow and blanket sewn onto the mat for rest time (Not applicable for children sleeping in cribs)
- FUMP FAQs: Answers questions about the “daily operations” of FUMP, including parking information, lunch ideas, and other important information.
- FUM CHURCH CHILDREN’S PROGRAMMING: Looking for a church home? FUMC has a dynamic program for young children and their families.
Thank you for completing the forms as soon as possible. You will receive a notification from the preschool office if additional information is needed. If you have issues with the portal, don’t panic! Your child is still registered for preschool. You may contact the preschool office or Brightwheel support at email@example.com.