Good morning! It is going to be an busy week at FUMP.
Our End of School Year picnics is this Friday, May 17. Please plan to pick up your child in their regular classrooms at noon and walk over to the Capitol.
Here are some things to remember:
- Please plan to bring a lunch and drink for yourself and your child.
- Please plan to bring a blanket for your family.
- ***If rain occurs, we will move the picnics indoors. Specific locations will be announced upon your arrival at noon.***
Other items of note:
- Parents in Ms. Erin’s class are invited to attend our Send Off for our soon-to-be graduates just before the picnic at 11:30.
- Remember to complete your teacher evaluations: https://www.fumpaustin.org/temp/teacher-and-program-feedback/
- The three oldest classes will have Chapel on Wednesday.
- Sign ups for Summer BSC and ASC, and Pizza Mondays will go out on Tuesday.
- Our last day of classes is Friday, May 24.
Director’s Blog: The Benefits of an Urban Preschool. A big part of FUMP’s charm is our downtown location. Children as young as toddlers love seeing the Cap Metro buses around campus. Excited shouts of “bus, bus!” ring out when they pass by. The Capitol Grounds create many unique opportunities for children. It serves to build a budding sense of citizenship and ownership of our state government. While it sounds quite lofty for a preschoolers, read on for examples. [Read more…]