We hope you had a wonderful Labor Day. We are back for week 3 at FUMP. Here is what you need to know:
- Did you receive a text from FUMP regarding our Labor Day closure? If not, please contact the preschool office. We use our text messaging system for reminders of FUMP holidays and special events, as well as emergency information.
- Tuition payments are now due. Please check your email or log into the PARENT PORTAL to see your balance.
- Medical forms are now overdue. If you need further assistance, please contact the preschool office.
- Coffee with the Director on Wednesday and Thursday, September 4 & 5. We are delighted to have 25 new families at FUMP this semester, which means that there are so many questions to be answered as you get acquainted with us. We will meet right after morning drop off in Room 108, directly below the preschool office. Hope to see you then.
- Save the date for our All-School Picnic on the Capitol Grounds on Friday, September 13 at noon. We hope you will join us for a lunch under the lovely live oak trees.
- This week, we begin Chapel for our oldest two classes of children. Ms. Stacy and Ms. Erin’s classes will attend Chapel time with Lara Greene, our director of children’s ministries. The children arrive with a welcome song, enjoy a brief book/story time and then depart. The Chapel service lasts about 10-15 minutes, and you will receive Chapel Notes via email that day to let you know what was shared with the children.
- It’s not too late to sign up for Pizza Mondays! If you are interested, please use this link to sign your child up for all-you-can-eat pizza and bananas each Monday. PIZZA MONDAY SIGN UP
- We have FUMP teacher recommended lunch kits in the preschool office. Teachers LOVE our divided lunch kits, rather than multiple containers, for children’s ease at meal time. Contact us today to purchase a lunch kit.
- Have a friend or neighbor that is looking for a preschool? We have a few openings in our program this fall. Read more on our CURRENT OPENINGS page. We would love your referrals!
Director’s Blog: What We Believe.
Parents often catch glimpses of our time spent with children at arrival and departure. There are so many conscious decisions that take place by the teachers and staff, regarding seemingly trivial notions. As a school, we place children’s experiences at the center of our focus. This results in an authentic experience for the child, based on a foundation of nurturing, challenging, supporting, stimulating and creativity in the classroom. Authenticity is the key to so many facets of the FUMP program, and the children thrive accordingly. [Read more…]
Meet our Teachers! Each week, we would like to introduce you to one of our teaching teams. We have an amazing group of early childhood educators and I am so proud of this group of warm, caring, funny and dedicated teachers. Read on to meet our PreK team.