Our program welcomes family involvement in our program. We have several opportunities to fit your busy schedule. Our goal is to make the volunteer experience flexible, manageable, and easy. We will send out calls for help for a project, and you can just jump in as your schedule allows. There are one-time and ongoing opportunities for families. We hope you will join us in creating an enriched, vibrant program for our children.
- Substitute Teaching – Substitutes work with a FUMP teacher during the school year. Our subs have a full orientation and background check before joining a classroom. Subs will always work with a FUMP teacher; they are never responsible for a classroom on their own. It is an excellent opportunity to see the teacher-child interactions in the classroom, and subs learn so much from their time with us.
- School Decorating – Decorating involves making our space welcoming and attractive, including creating displays for special events on campus.
- Handyman Tasks/Equipment Repairs – Classroom materials and equipment often need minor repairs or updates, such as a broken pedal on a tricycle or installing a new CO detector. We will send a request to the group, and let us know if you can lend a hand.
- Gardening – Our garden plot at the main entrance needs attention, as we lost our plants over our Covid break. We need to plant new plants, water them, and weed the area as needed.
- Music Fest – Volunteers would prep the craft activities and the craft areas on the day of the festival, which is held in February.
- Teacher Appreciation – Coordinate opportunities to show our gratitude to our teaching staff.
- Special Hobby or Talent – Children are learning about the world around them, especially in our threes and PreK classes, and we need your help. We want to provide new experiences for them, and parent hobbies are one of the best options. For example, if you can paint, we would have you show the children some basic techniques, and we would provide canvases, paint, etc. You do NOT need to be an expert in the area; just share information about your work or hobby. I cannot stress this enough! Our teachers will support you every step of the way. Please, please join in this very special endeavor to create a meaningful, experiential curriculum for our program.
- play an instrument, vocalist
- work in the medical/dental fields, construction, firefighter, law enforcement,
- artistic skills: painting/sculpting/drawing, textile arts,
- yoga, mindfulness,
- fitness, exercise, nutrition,
- cooking, baking,
- gardening, recycling.
We look forward to seeing you on campus soon!